- Gus Hendrick joins the lab!
- The lab attends Digestive Disease Week conference in Chicago, IL.
- Abigail Landers joins the lab!
- Echo Labs visits the lab and installs our new Revolve hybrid microscope!
- Suzanne receives Cedars-Sinai Harris/IBIRI Collaborative grant with Phil Fleshner.
- Suzanne receives the Sports Spectacular/Equinox the Science & Performance award at the Sports Spectacular Gala.
- Jonathan Braun visits the lab and gives Cedars-Sinai Pathology Grand Rounds.
- Celebrated Suzanne's birthday at Jon & Vinny's!
- Automated mouse tattoo system from Labstamp is set up for more humane and reliable rodent identification.
- Devkota lab celebrates its 1 year anniversary!
- Celebrated Connie's birthday at Hinoki & The Bird!
- Celebrated Anthony’s birthday at Petty Cash Taqueria!
- Suzanne gives lecture on “Microbiome in Obesity and Diabetes” at ADA’s Southern California Diabetes Research Symposium
- Suzanne speaks at Society in Science annual fellows symposium in Zurich, Switzerland
- Devkota Lab friend, Gail Hecht M.D., chair of gastroenterology at Loyola, visits the lab.
- Jason Strong, CEO of the Australian Agricultural Company, visits the lab for a fantastic educational session on everything from antibiotic use in cattle to how to cook a perfect steak!
- Marty Blaser M.D. visits the lab and gives the Cedars’ 2nd Bi-Annual Microbiome Lectureship.
- Collaborator, Jessica Allegretti M.D. from Brigham & Women’s Hospital, visits the lab and gives Dept. of Medicine Grand Rounds. Teaches us about the wonderful world of fecal transplants!
- Flat bed PCR arrives to the lab!
- Suzanne receives Cedars-Sinai Precision Health grant for "Application of Novel High-Throughput Microculture Technology to Identify Functional Microbiome Predictors of Patient Response to Chemoradiation Therapy".
- Cedars-Sinai Precision Health Initiative launched - Rob Knight & Lon Cardon keynote speakers.
- Suzanne gives Cedars-Sinai GI Grand Rounds.
- Suzanne lectures at Gut Microbiome conference in Huntington Beach, CA.
- Connie receives runner up prize for the Art of Research contest during National Postdoc Appreciation Week.
- IBIRI faculty retreat at Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA.
- Andy Featherston and his crew film the wonderful world of microbes for the Cedars-Sinai Precision Health Initiative in our lab.
- Anthony Martin joins the lab!
- qPCR farm is set up.
- Devkota lab traded lab coats for aprons to take Julia Child cooking class at Sur La Table at The Grove!
- Jackson Novick joins the lab as a summer high school intern in the Minors in Research Internship Program!
- Connie Ha joins the lab!
- Anaerobic chamber is set up.
- Suzanne gives talk at Keystone Symposium on Gut Microbiota: Metabolic Disorders and Beyond in Providence, RI.
- Suzanne travels to Seoul, Korea to give lectures at Kyung-Hee University & Asan Medical School.
- David Relman visits to give the inaugural Bi-annual Microbiome Seminar at Cedars-Sinai!
- Suzanne gives Immunology Research in Progress seminar.
- Suzanne is interviewed at the Sports Spectacular faculty showcase at the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA.
- Suzanne gives talk at Cedars-Sinai Diabetes & Obesity Research Institute Symposium.
- Devkota lab opens!
- Suzanne's commentary on xenobiotic impact on the microbiome featured in Science.